Monday, March 3, 2008

a day with grans

today was a visit to the doc for grans. there was no one available to take her to the doc for an assessment so mum told me to go since i was free. i woke up in the morning and got all ready to go but my aunt said i didnt have to anymore since my uncle wasnt working in the morning.
in the end, at ard 3pm, aunt called me to fetch grans at her hse. so i went and took grans to the doc.
I, being the same blur me, took a cab and told the driver the address of the clinic and not knowing where it is. haha...
When its all done, grans wanted to treat me to eat so we went to mukmin. since i was alone, pushing grans on a wheelchair, i got loads of stares and glances from loads of people. Almost everyone who passed by us, will looked at me pushing grans. it was weird at first and i got frustrated as usual.
After which, i hailed for a taxi to send my grans back. I got rejected by 2 taxis just bcoz there's a wheelchair tat they have to put in their bonnet. Bloody hell... plain excuses... change shift lar, bonnet got a lot of stuffs lar... bullshit... wait i complain, they all die!!!
luckily, the place we waited had a few taxis coming in... we drop at the shops nearby my grans hse... and guess wat, another snare and stare for a motorcyclist who rode by... he gave a glance and gave a sinister smile.... (malay say, sindir kind of smile, eee!! muka mintak kena sepak!!)
i feel so angry and pushing my grans isnt easy, ok? she's kinda heavy so if there's a step ahead, i have to jack up the wheelchair with her weight... not complaining but its not something tat ppl can laugh at or wat... I mean now, how often can u see a SG youngster pushing ard a wheelchair-bound elderly in public?
Ppl are taking granted when they have maids to do the job. I used to live with my grans(paternal), i know she didnt like the maid to help her. She prefer me n my siblings to spend time with her... talking about her, I really missed her and her stories....

0 comments: